GUEST CONDUCTING & WORKSHOPS
I am passionate about empowering ensemble members of all ages and abilities to make creative musical decisions and take ownership over their music-making. From primary students in their very first rehearsal to professional ensembles, I’m passionate about creating inspiring musical experiences. I've had great success working with ensembles including:
- Professional orchestras - Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra, Auckland Philharmonia
- Tertiary institutions - Monash University, University of Melbourne, University of Minnesota
- Victorian secondary schools - Eltham High School, Blackburn High School, Caulfield Grammar
- Youth Music Organisations - Melbourne Youth Music, State Music Camp, Victorian Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Community Ensembles - Monash Concert Band, Stonnington Symphony
WHAT WILL I DO?
I am available to come to work with your ensemble for:
- Clinics/workshops to prepare for concerts or festivals such as the Victorian Schools Music Festival or Royal South Street Competitions
- Single rehearsals to cover conductor absences
- Music camps to work with one or many ensembles
- Sectional rehearsals with any instrument group
- Short & long-term residency with schools & ensembles
WHAT DO I TEACH?
In discussion with you I can work on particular pieces in the final stages of preparation, or offer new ways of developing specific skills such as intonation, togetherness, balance or blend.
My rehearsals and teaching always emphasise:
- player independence
- empathetic listening
- expanding awareness
- emotional connection to the music
- developing expressivity
All my guest conducting and workshops may be opened to other teachers/conductors within your organisation as an opportunity for professional development. I also offer other Professional Development options.